The best part of taking part in the #WinterABC challenge was meeting a lot of people who are wired like me. People who are comfortable behind a desk, people who appreciate the value of words, people who nominate me to do cool stuff like the BrainStorms Award. And one of these people Gamu challenged me to do this.
So the rules for this award are:
- Thank the person that nominated you. Thank you Gigi you beauty.
- Tag your posts with the BrainStorms Award. Shall Be done.
- Display the BrainStorms Award logo. Also shall be done.
- Talk a bit about your blog, why you started it. Just below.
- Answer the 5 questions you have been asked then nominate 5 amazing bloggers. Just below below
- Ask you’re nominees 5 new questions. Just below below below.
Why was this blog started?
I have too many thoughts and I have had too many conversations in my head. Problem is I’m an introverted introvert. Talking to people doesn’t happen naturally for me. So I thought to write to people instead.
1. Have you ever had a side hustle or considered having one?
More than once actually. Sometime in 2018, I was selling fragrances, they sold out. It went great. Then some time last year, my friend Belz and I ordered some really cool stuff from China and sold it . We broke even and then…because this is where it gets funny. We invested the profit into Forex trading. That was the last we saw of the money. But kusemhlabeni guys. We move on.
2. What’s your favourite family tradition?
I don’t know if this counts as a tradition but we have a Not-So-Secret Secret Santa every Christmas. And because it’s just the three of us (me, mother, sister) , whoever you didn’t buy for this year is the one you are buying for the following year. We open the presents on Christmas morning. Then on the first of January, we have a “meeting” in my sister’s room and we discuss our goals for the year and how each of us will be contributing financially to the upkeep of the household for the rest of the year.
3. What’s a relationship deal breaker for you?
FLAKINESS AND FICKLENESS. I’m big on structure. I like routine, I like knowing where I stand. I don’t like surprises. So a deal breaker would be somebody changing on me. Don’t do that. It confuses me. I don’t like being confused. The control freak in me doesn’t like not knowing what’s going on. The Virgo in me is not here for all that. There’s a lyric that I like that says , “don’t introduce me to a vibe you can’t maintain. Exactly. That’s it. Don’t do it. It’s not worth it.
4. How can someone lose your trust?
Lies. I hate lies. They are more annoying than hurtful. I am annoyed by lies. Because if you’re lying, then somewhere in your head , you honestly believe that I’m dumb enough to believe it. Another thing that upsets me about lies is the fact that lying to me shows me just how little you know me. I’m a difficult person to upset. So whatever lie you’re telling probably won’t even make me that bad. Just tell the truth.
5. What line should someone never cross with you?
This is a hard one, however, we shall try. When it comes to people I am close to, there are no boundaries. My sister and I are too close, if such a thing exists and my #bff and I just are at a point where boundaries just aren’t there. However, there are conversations that I can’t have with just anybody. If somebody asks, I will politely tell them I don’t want to talk about it. But if they keep pushing it, I might have to throw hands or words. Whichever.
Your questions are:
- What are you most passionate about?
- Who in your life makes you happiest?
- What do you spend too much time doing? What don’t you spend enough time on?
- What do you regret not doing?
- What advice would you give yourself five years ago?